I’ve already raved about Ulta in a previous post, but I could honestly rave about that store all day long, so that sentiment continues here. The focus this time is a recent haul (from last month, yes – I have such a huge backlog of things that I want to post about, so it’s going to take me a while to get up to date… please bear with me). The best part of this particular haul is that I only paid about $15.00 for all of the items shown here. No, Ulta doesn’t love me enough to just give me this loot – at least, not yet (Ulta, if you’re listening, I’m open to that). What happened here was pretty much the reverse – I clearly loved Ulta too much. This stash for a steal was made possible by the rewards points I accumulated over the last several months, totaling 3,000, which was worth $175 in free merchandise. Here’s what I got:
– Urban Decay – Naked Basics Palette ($27.00)
– Pur Minerals – 3-in-1 Universal Pencil in Cocoa Topaz ($17.00)
– Mally Beauty – Shadow Base ($18.00)
– Mally Beauty – Cancellation Concealer w/ Brush in Fair ($35.00)
– Too Faced – The Secret to No Makeup Makeup ($39.00)
– Smashbox – Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation in 2.1 Light Beige ($42.00) ***Note, this shade was later exchanged for 1.1 Fair.***
– Laura Geller – Matte Maker ($24.00)
– Stila – Portrait of a Perfect Lip ($16.00)
– Eco Tools – Buffing Brush ($6.99)
The subtotal of these items was $224.99. I utilized a 20% discount that was going on at the time, which was applicable to most of the prestige brand products and resulted in a $45.00 discount prior to the utilization of my $175 rewards credit. At the end of this transaction, I only had to pay about $5.00 for the merchandise and about $10.00 in tax. It’s only been more recently that I’ve wised up about the best way to utilize my points and I decided that I would no longer redeem my points until my balance was at least 2,000 (which is worth $125.00) – by contrast, 1,000 points is worth $50.00 and as I mentioned, 3,000 is worth $175.00. I also decided that I was not going to redeem my points until I had that 20% off coupon for prestige brands. It pains me to think of all the time (and money) I spent not paying attention to these things, but at least moving forward I know that I am working the system to my best advantage.
I plan to review most or all of these products in individual posts at some point in the future, so be on the lookout for those.