I went pretty crazy at Ulta in early to mid-January. It was a triple rewards points period and even when I don’t need or want anything in particular, you can bet that I’m going to still buy a bunch of stuff to take advantage of the opportunity to earn points. Here’s what I got in this trip (I didn’t lay this out very well for the picture to translate to words, but I’m going to start from left and go around in a way that makes sense to me – you should be able to follow by brand for the most part):
– Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner – Carbon Black
– NYX Radiant Finishing Powder (new item)
– NYX Butter Gloss – BLG02 – Eclair
– NYX Butter Lip Balm – BLB07 – Panna Cotta
– Essence Get Big Lashes Triple Black Mascara (new item)
– Essence Lipstick – 52 – In the Nude (clearance)
– Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer – 101 – Celestial
– Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer – 201 – Solstice
– Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color – 730 – Coral Gleam (clearance)
– Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara – 01 – Black
– NYX Wonder Pencil – Light
– Essence Lip Liner – 04 – Honey Bun (clearance)
– Mon Image Eye Shadow Applicators (12ct)
I only got the last item to push me over the edge to use a coupon that I had – it was the closest cheap item to the register and it’s funny because I don’t particularly care for sponge shadow applicators actually (I’m a brush girl). I don’t know if the Ulta coupons always specified that they couldn’t be used on clearance items, but they certainly do now. I also know that I used the coupons on clearance items for a very long time and whether it’s a newer rule or if they just recently started enforcing it, I’m a bit bummed.
The Stila liner and the Clinique mascara were on my most wanted list and I had also been wanting to expand my lip product collection, so that was my main focus with this trip. Again, I plan to review at least some of these products individually in the future, but for now, I’m still just posting about my recent acquisitions without much detail.